Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the Burrito Review

Here is my introduction to the burrito review.  I can't really remember when I had my first burrito, but my first memory of burritos was in Healdsburg, Ca when I was about 10 years old.  the joint was called El Farolito in the  Safeway Shopping center.  My next love came from a now defunct taqueria  in Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa called Sonoma Taco Shop.  The fresh salsa bar was the first I was introduced to and to this day remains the best salsa bar I have ever enjoyed.  In High School, at Rancho Cotate, there was a taqueria across the street that made the best burritos until they sold out to the place that is there today.  When they sold out, I discovered what is currently my favorite burrito, so much so that I have never had anything else on their menu besides the burrito. It is called El Favorito.  I have travelled the world (oh and by the way, most of the world doesn't have burritos), and have yet to find burritos as good as the ones made here in California, and none as good as El Favorito.

I want to create a rating system here, I would love to get your opinions on the best way to go about it.  If I could make this blog be the yelp of burritos, I would be a proud man.  For now, I am just going to post my experiences and hopefully allow for comments.  any help is gladly appreciated.