Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cuatro milpas

HOLY $#&%!  This is the most unique restaurant I have ever been to.  The four ladies that run this joint have got it figured out. Simple, Fresh, greasy, and absolutely amazing.  This place should be a national landmark.  If I'm ever in the ghetto, I come to Cuatro Milpas.


Ingredients:  Niche.  Your choice of chicken, or pork, mexican cheese, pico de gallo, lime, onion and cilantro. 

Size:  The size of their burritos are pretty small, but it is because they are simple.  
Freshness:  The tortillas are made daily, the meat is fresh, and the mexican cheese is powerfully fresh.


Salsa bar:  There is no salsa bar. but they do offer salsa in little cups. This may sound gross, but it is a chili salsa with bits of pigskin in it. IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!  the combination of the salsa and the mexican cheese could probably make a table taste good. 


Overall Taste: I love the ghetto.  Barrio Logan is admittedly a scary place.  Fortunately this place is only open from 11am-3pm.  I'm not even sure if they are open on the weekends.  The place is lined up out the door every single time I have been there.
The only thing I wish they would do would be to use the beans and rice, lettuce, sour cream, and throw it all into the fresh-made tortillas and offer a super burrito.  But these ladies don't have to change anytthing.  That line isn't getting any shorter.


Price:  The burrito is Under $4. the other items are all under $3.  I am salivating as I'm writing this.  


Other good menu items:  Everything.  they have fresh made tamales and tacos that are only $1.50.  They also have a beans and rice dish that is very popular.  


Few people know this, but San Diego is in the top 10 of most overweight cities in the United States.  I have a suspicion that Cuatro Milpas has something to do with it.